Are you ready to list your home for sale in Ames, IA, or a neighboring community like Nevada, Story City
or Boone? Real estate, from marketing and showing your home to taking care of all the paperwork and
legalities, can be complicated- let Friedrich Iowa Realty's team of real estate experts help you along
Friedrich Iowa Realty has been selling Ames and Boone, Iowa real estate for over 80 years. We have the
experience and knowledge to help you price and market your home competitively, sell your home quickly, and
get the most out of your investment. But most of all, when you list your home for sale with Friedrich, you
can count on our real estate agents to take care of everything.
18 Suggestions for Selling your Home
A home that stands out among similarly priced, competitively financed houses is the one that sells. With a
little effort, your home can be sold more quickly and possibly at a better price. Learn more with
18 Suggestions for Selling Your Home.
Experience has shown us that every home sale is unique. Yet every sale - from putting the house on the market
through settlement day - shares a common process. Our Seller's Handbook is
designed to help you understand the Iowa real estate process so you can make smart decisions every step of the way.
If you're thinking about listing your home for sale in Ames, Boone or Nevada, Friedrich Iowa Realty should be
your first call. We know the Ames and Boone, Iowa real estate markets better than anyone, so contact us today to
learn about the advantages of listing your home with Friedrich Iowa Realty!
Staging Your Home
EIGHT STAGING TIPS FOR A GREAT OPEN HOUSE AND SHOWINGS
These suggestions will allow your Realtor to show your home in its best light and assist in getting a fair offer.
- To add touches of color try using some fresh or silk flowers to breathe life and color into your main living areas. Also, a colored afghan or throw on a sofa could help jazz an otherwise non-descript room.
- To make a bathroom feel luxurious, hide your old towels and toothbrushes. Pamper a new prospective buyer by displaying plush, color coordinated towels; put up a new shower curtain; and display fresh, fancy bars of soap.
- For a homey smell, bake some frozen bread before a showing or Open House. Make sure there are no lingering scents from cigarettes, food, or pets.
- Stage your home by setting the table for company with some good plates, silverware, glasses and candles. To help potential buyers envision themselves living in your home, set up a chess or checkers table, or leave out a table game and arrange other vignettes throughout your home.
- Beautify the front entrance by buying a fresh doormat (tasteful), and when necessary, give your front door a fresh coat of paint or a good cleaning. Also, all of the glass throughout the house must be squeaky clean, especially any glass near the front entrance. Get rid of those doggie nose prints.
- To create a feeling of spaciousness, remove excessive major pieces of furniture from each room, and when appropriate introduce mirrors into rooms which reflect inside, the outdoors. To make any dining area seem larger, display two chairs and remove your dining room table’s extension leaves.
- To create the illusion of more counter space in the kitchen, put away all seldom used kitchen appliances, storage jars, snacks, etc. The same is true in your bathroom; remove all personal bathroom items and temporarily store them out of sight leaving a clean, shiney surface.
- The lawn must look its best. In season turn the sprinklers on for about 30 minutes each day to make the lawn sparkle. Mow the lawn at least every week or as often as necessary to keep it in perfect condition. In the Fall, keep the leaves raked and the flowers trimmed back. In the Winter, the walks must always be cleared.